Exciting News for 2021!
Dear KidMin Parents,
For to us a child is born,
To us a son is given,
And the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6; NIV
I hope the Advent/Family Experiences have helped with ideas on how to make memories with those you treasure this Christmas. We are thankful for the Abundant Hope that we have because of JESUS!
If you are a parent of a child in Base Camp (Birth – Kind) we wanted to let you know what we have decided to do about promoting kids to new classes. In January, 2021 the kids who had a Birthday in June – December will promote to his/her new class in January 2021. The next promotion will be when all of KidMin promotes in June, 2021. This helps create consistency, no over crowding of classrooms, and kids promoting with some known friends! We encourage you to start talking about going to a new class at church with your children if they have had a Birthday within this timeframe. We hope to have the classroom lists updated so that when they check-in in January 2021 they will be in their new class. If we miss anyone of have questions you are welcome to talk to myself or Kara Little (Base Came Coordinator.)
We are also trying to coordinate a Baby/Child Dedication in January, 2021. If this is something you are interested in being a part of please let me know your interest and I will follow up with more information in the New Year!
KIDMIN has some exciting news! 2021 we will be remodeling/updating some of our classrooms! 208 will be the first one to be updated and hopefully made slightly bigger to accommodate large group worship in KIDMIN! We should not have any changes in pick-up or drop-off. But, we might need to be a bit flexible as this project gets underway in January. If there are any changes to Sunday Morning we will try to communicate as best we can ahead of time. We appreciate your patience and excitement as we make these updates for “our kids!”
KidMin is also excited about the curriculum changes we are making in 2021! Base Camp and Ascent will be making the shift back to using Tru Curriculum on Sunday Mornings. Big God Story is the name given to a philosophical truth to Scripture—a truth that connects with every age, culture, and language and blesses far beyond the scope of Sunday morning. One of the largest single pieces missing from the average Christian’s Biblical knowledge is a sense of the Bible’s chronology. More than recognizing the wider context of a passage or book of the Bible, it is the framing of every event and story within the larger progression of God’s Grand Redemptive Narrative! From beginning to end, there is no end to God’s plan or God’s intentionality toward activating it! I am excited at the thought of an entire generation of Christ followers being equipped with this understanding of the Word of God and what a strength that will be to them in their lives!
Kara, Sydney, and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Thank you for giving us the honor of being a part of your kids’ lives!
Interim Director of Children’s Ministry
Pikes Peak Christian Church
Covid Precautionary Steps:
- Negative responses to the COVID Questions before checking-in: Temp above 100, any coughing/shortness of breath, been around anyone with COVID 19?
- Small ratios in classrooms with additional volunteers to assist
- Mask Guidelines are to be followed to and from classrooms, children do not have to wear a mask, and teachers can take the mask off when teaching the lesson with social distancing.
- Velcro Dots on the floor and Designated table space helps kids to have space while participating in activities
- Nursery aprons are to be used for 2 year old volunteers and younger
- Cleaning procedures at the conclusion of classes
- Color coded toys to be rotated between hours and cleaned after play
- Volunteers empowered and trained
- Craft Supplies will not be used from one service to another and each child will have their own to use for the service
- Toys will be cleaned and sanitized after each service