Today we celebrate the birth of Jesus — the most significant person ever born! Think about it — the life and teachings of this one person has impacted every single thing that people deem important in the world. Even if this was all that Jesus accomplished, we could not help but be impressed — but this was not all — Jesus actually managed to change the trajectory of all eternity!
But enough about the big picture. Jesus is even more impressive when it comes to the small stuff — His dealings with us! The coming of Jesus into the world has also impacted us on every level as well — body, soul, and spirit!
Mary’s response to the angel’s announcement touches on all three aspects of our human make-up — and how we are to relate to God. Mary’s statement, “Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word” (Luke 1:38), indicates her full understanding of the implications of the angel’s message. Mary acknowledges that the Lord is clearly her Master. In the magnificent song that she sings after the angel has departed, “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior” (Luke 1:46-47), Mary unequivocally confesses that God is both her Lord, and her Savior.
As we celebrate the birthday of our Master, Lord, and Savior this Christmas, let us also find the time to reflect on our own journey through this unusual year. This year has been a momentous year — with all of its ups and downs, and twists and turns. Many have lost loved ones this year. For many others, it seems like a miracle that they are still here! For those of us who are alive and well — we should most definitely count ourselves fortunate!
And let’s not forget the “Star of Bethlehem” that suddenly appeared in the night sky this week! Almost as if to reassure us that He is still in charge — God arranged a special planetary alignment to highlight the Birthday of His Son!
🙏 🎄 🎁 🎄 🙏 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 🙏 🎄 🎁 🎄 🙏
🙏 Prayer Requests 🙏
- Let us thank God for giving us Jesus — His One and Only Son!
- Let us continue to confess Jesus as our Master, Lord, and Savior.
- Let us also thank God for the many blessings we have received this year.
- In spite of the setbacks that we have all experienced because of the pandemic — God has been good — and His work has continued to grow and expand throughout the world.
- Let us lift up the remainder of this year in prayer.
- We still have a week to go before we bring this year to a close. A lot can happen between now and the New Year. May God enable us to receive all that He has prepared for us in the new season.