Pikes Peak Christian Church is hiring!
Job Title: Evening Facility Technician Reports to: Campus Director
Department/Ministry: Facilities Ministry Hours: 20 Hours per Week (Part-Time)
Pay Rate: $12.32/hour
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting Director of Facilities in creating, promoting, maintaining and securing the facilities and grounds as well as assisting in the ministry environments of Pikes Peak Christian Church. This will be done by ensuring that campus and ministry areas are safe, properly resourced, maintained and culturally relevant.
Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for being available while ministry groups are in session. Needs to be available for opening rooms and exterior doors for scheduled classes. Responsible for light cleaning that will be assigned by Campus Director Tuesday through Friday and Sunday. Responsible for being sure that each ministry group cleans up after their session. Responsible for being “last person out,” turning off lights, thermostats, closing and locking doors and windows. Greeting guests and being Point of Contact for general needs for meetings or events. Available on Sunday morning to be the “Go-to person” for facilities and be available for minor cleaning, restocking and repairs as needed during services. After services, this person is responsible for dumping trash and checking to make sure building is secure and all lights and water are off and thermostats are set to proper temperature and to do minor cleaning where needed.
Communication: Communicate with the staff, Director of Facilities, congregation, ministry partners, outside vendors and community using clear, concise and professional vocabulary with God honoring and people treasuring oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Able to perform general custodial duties to include:
- General cleaning duties
- Conduct oneself in a grace saturated, professional, high integrity and ethical manner that is above reproach and at peace with all men/women as defined in Romans 12.
- Work weekends, holidays and outside of ‘normal’ business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a baptized believer in Christ who fully supports the ministry of Pikes Peak Christian Church.
- Practices regular spiritual disciplines (such as prayer, Bible study and serving)
- Able to recruit, develop, care for, mentor and lead volunteers, staff and peer leaders.
- Able to show initiative.
- Must possess oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to handle confidential information with professionalism, integrity and absolute security.
- A teachable, cheerful, servant oriented and grace-filled attitude.
- Must be friendly and helpful to church guests and members
- Shepherd’s heart that cares deeply for teammates and volunteers
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 40-50 pounds.
- Must have ability to handle high pressure and time sensitive situations with grace and integrity.
- Must have general computer skills to include:
- Working knowledge of email
- Able to input hours into payroll
- Able to learn church software
- Proven ability to remove snow, vacuum, be on feet and other labor intensive activities necessary to maintain the grounds or buildings on campus.